How to Improve Your Car’s Fuel Economy with an Upgrade
Now that we’ve discussed the basics of wheels and tires, let’s get into some specific ways to improve your car’s fuel economy with wheel and tire upgrades.
When upgrading your car you have the option to purchase a complete set of wheels and tires or upgrade one component at a time. While buying a full package may be more cost-effective, it is important to make sure that your new wheel/tire combination fits properly with your car’s suspension system. Besides looking for a good deal on a complete package, you can also consider buying individual components such as rims, tires, or tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
No matter which route you decide to take for your upgrade, make sure that you get the right size and type of wheel/tire combination for your car. This will ensure that you are optimizing fuel economy without sacrificing performance or safety.
Wheels and tires are essential components of a car’s overall fuel efficiency. By investing in the right size and type of wheel/tire combination for your needs, you can help improve the fuel economy of your vehicle while maintaining its performance and safety standards.
Check with an expert if you are unsure about how to proceed.
5 Ways to Improve Your Car’s Fuel Economy
- Choose the Right Wheel/Tire Combination: First and foremost, you should choose a wheel and tire combination that is best suited for your specific driving needs. Consider factors such as terrain, load capacity, vehicle weight, type of suspension system (i.e., independent or dependent), and other attributes when selecting a set of wheels and tires.
- Maintain Proper Tire Inflation Pressure: One of the most overlooked aspects of fuel economy is proper tire inflation pressure. Underinflated tires reduce the rolling resistance of your car, making it harder to move forward – which in turn increases fuel consumption. Make sure you check your tire pressure regularly and inflate them accordingly according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Reduce Rolling Resistance: As mentioned above, underinflated tires not only reduce the life span of your wheels/tires but can also have a negative effect on fuel economy due to increased rolling resistance. This is why having properly inflated tires is so important! Additionally, consider using low-rolling-resistance (LRR) tires to further reduce friction and improve fuel economy.
- Minimize Unnecessary Weight: The weight of your vehicle also affects the overall fuel economy of your car. When selecting new wheels and tires, make sure that they are lightweight enough to minimize any additional drag on the vehicle. Additionally, try to keep all other components such as roof racks or spare tire carriers as light as possible to optimize fuel efficiency.
- Improve Aerodynamics: Finally, consider installing a set of aerodynamic wheel covers or hubcaps. These can be used to reduce drag on the body of the vehicle, allowing it to cut through the air more easily and reducing its total energy consumption – resulting in improved fuel efficiency!
Extra Tips and Maintenance
Aggressive driving, such as speeding and hard acceleration and braking, can reduce fuel economy by up to 40%. Improving your driving habits is a great way to increase your car’s fuel efficiency without spending any money.
Regular wheel and tire maintenance are key to ensuring maximum fuel economy. Check that the wheels and tires are properly aligned, and rotated regularly (as recommended in your owner’s manual) and that the tread depth is adequate for your local driving conditions.
With a little bit of knowledge and effort, you can easily improve your car’s fuel economy and performance with the right wheels and tires. Investing in quality products from reputable brands is always a good idea to ensure reliability and longevity.
In conclusion, wheels and tires can play a significant role in improving the overall mileage of your car. By choosing lighter and smaller wheel sizes, opting for low-rolling-resistance tires, and maintaining proper tire inflation pressure, you can improve your car’s fuel economy and get more miles per gallon out of it!
Looking for an Upgrade?
If you live in South Florida you can count on the experts at Miami Power Wheels to help you out with any upgrade or service for your vehicle. Our team of knowledgeable technicians can provide guidance and advice on the perfect wheels and tires for your car, as well as assist with any car customization services. Get in touch today to learn more!
Be sure to read our Google reviews and contact us today and let our team of experienced professionals guide you through every step of the way!